Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jake's at School!


We are happy to announce that Jake finally is able to go to school to start his new job in the Marines in the Fall. The time came a little sooner than we expected, but it works out best this way! We are going to scedule induction for Brody, and now Jake found out that they might give him a 10 day leave, which will be wonderful! He also just found out that graduation date will be Sept. 11th. But, with him coming home that might change back closer to the 23rd. We are not totally sure what is going to happen yet.

It was a hard Monday morning when we took Jake to the airport! I couldn't even think about missing him or I would tear up! Overall, we all did ok. Reese was full of kisses for her Daddy. Reese and I were lucky to go past security with Jake, only because we are family of leaving military. It was really nice to be able to sit and walk around with Jake before he walked to the plane. Reese did pretty good until he boarded the plane, thats when I had to leave right away. I didnt want to see her cry, then I would cry and it would be a mess!
Jake said he is in a pretty nice place, sounds like a one bedroom apt size. The weather is hot and muggy, he sweats right when he walks out the door. (Thats how I feel here!) He is in a class with 15 others, and it is about 8 hours a day. Jake said he is already getting homework, he is so dedicated and motivated to get school done on time that homeworks not a problem. His first night of arriving he had no food, his only option was the vending machines...So he got a cheeseburger! A cheeseburger out of a vending machine? Poor Guy! I am sure I will keep you up to date on all of Jakes news too! As for now, I am soo tired I need to get some sleep. I have been overwhelming myself with mommy meetups to stay busy. Hope everyone is doing well! Love you all!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

What happen to Jake's hair!?