Sunday, July 6, 2008

Jakes Time Home!





Jake flew in on Wed. night at 10:30, a very long day for all of us! I was soo excited to see my husband who I have been missing like crazy. Reese was just about back to sleep when I saw Jake come down the stairs! I told Reese, "Look, Do you see Daddy?" She saw him, and looked, looked again, and looked away. It was soo sad for both Jake and I. I thought she would of ran up to him with a big hug, but being 18 months old, her memory didnt kick in asap. It was great to have Jake home. Once we got home Reese was ready to play and hang out with her Daddy. She didnt get into bed until 12:30, real late!


On Thursday, we just hung out for most of the day. Went to Babies R Us to do a little shopping for the lil guy. And, we hung out at the park for a little bit. Reese had soo much fun playing with Jake. It was great because I dont like to get on and off the playtoy to keep up with Reese. Its too much for me. On July 4th, we BBQ'd steaks! YUM, Jake makes the best marinades for his meats! I love his cooking, one thing I totally miss! It's funny that I dont realize sometimes just how much he does for me, until he is gone. With him back, I was so grateful for all that he did around the house! That night we went to the park, and played for two hours. Trying to stay till 9 to watch the fireworks. We made it, we took the blanket out to the field and hung out with all the junebugs. Flying buzzing beatles that always found the way to your head! Eww. Yuk. We all enjoyed the fireworks, and went home a few minutes early to get Reese into bed. The beach was calling us on Saturday for Jake to get some surfing in. It is always nicer at the beach, about 20 degrees cooler. Thats what we love! Then we hung out as a family for the rest of the day!


It really sucked taking Jake to the airport today. Something I didnt want to do. But, only a few more months and he'll be done. He will be back next month for the delivery of Brody. Which, we are very excited for. His room is ready and waiting! Reese loves to get his clothes out and play with them. I think that she will be a wonderful big sister! She has been helping me around the house alot, she loves to sweep, throw things in the garbage and wipe up the table. Excellent skills for those chore days to come! lol j/k Here are a few pics of our time with Jake! We already miss him so much!!!!



1 comments:

Jessica said...

glad to hear you guys had a great time while Jake was home! love the pics, as usual.